[squeak-dev] Manual line breaks in code

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sat Apr 2 09:34:36 UTC 2022

> There are a lot of things that might be done to improve the
> quality and quantity of comments in Squeak. Messing around with
> line break characters in other people's comments is not one of
> those things. Please just don't.

+1

Comments in Squeak are wonderfully simple: just write whatever you want
wherever you want. Comment out whatever chunk of code, anywhere, easily.
Prepare code in comment to be used only within a debugger - there are
many ways to play with the comments syntax. Please do not take this
simplicity and the freedom it allows away from us, and remember that no
two coders have the same pratices and preferences. When possible, we
should allow all styles.

Stef