[squeak-dev] Preference "Always open tools attached to cursor" (was: Default preferences)

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Apr 8 08:22:32 UTC 2022

Hi Christoph --

Still -1

However, we could make the current preference the default implementation -- which mimics the old MVC days anyway -- and then change the effect of the current preference to not check the interaction method. Then we would not need another preference for this.

Tim? Eliot? Dave? You all remember that place-and-resize interaction from any new window that wants to pop-up in MVC, right?

Maybe give it a shot. If there is too much resistance before the release, we can reconsider.

Best,
Marcel