[squeak-dev] SUnit feature proposal: select classes that didn't pass

Lauren Pullen drurowin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 05:15:08 UTC 2022

Hi List,

My inbox versions of SUnit (140) and SUnitGUI (88) add a feature I'd
really like to see in SUnit; that of easily and rapidly accessing
classes that did not fully pass to test again.

The "Run Failures" and "Run Errors" buttons only work so long as you
don't close the Test Runner window because they use instance state.  I
added three menu items to the class list that use the persistent
information TestCase automatically collects.

I'd accidentally deleted my image of another implementation that uses
the history in the class method #lastStoredRun, but I think this version
is better anyways.  To use #lastStoredRun you need to explicitly save
history, as opposed to it automatically happening, and I'm a huge fan of
not having to remember to press hidden buttons.

Anyways, how do you all like this feature?

From,
Lauren Pullen