[squeak-dev] Bug in trunk? 'select all' in Workspace, line counting issue?

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Fri Apr 22 21:30:11 UTC 2022

Actually, I have tested this out a bit more.

A fresh code pane exhibits the same behavior, when going from the method template text to just, e.g.

...new lines are no longer being treated as tokenizers or whitespace(?) when doing Cmd-Left and Cmd-Right.

But if I add a space somewhere... like after "first"

... then Cmd-Left and Cmd-Right will happily stop there.

In Squeak 4.5 (and quite possibly other versions), the cursor will stop at the beginning of each new line (e.g. before first, before second, before third) when doing Cmd-Left and Cmd-Right in a pane like this.

Maybe this change was intentional?  But not what I'm expecting, or am used to.

Thanks again,
Tim