[squeak-dev] MessageSet useUnifiedMessageLabels preference not honored in RecentMessageSet

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Aug 4 11:42:43 UTC 2022

Le 04/08/2022 à 12:40, Marcel Taeumel a écrit :
> Hi Stef --
>
> We cannot remove that method because Tim changed the OrderedCollection
> to Set in 2020 in the superclass, which Eliot then fixed
> RecentMessageSet to retain the incoming order.

Another idea: there is already a isOrdered test in
MessageSet>>#initializeMessageList:

We could just add a query to the class itself, like so:

	isOrdered := (anArray size > 1
		and: [anArray second isMethodReference]
		and: [anArray second stringVersion first = Character space]).

	isOrdered := isOrdered or: [self class isAlwaysOrdered]

and then implement #isAlwaysOrdered in MessageSet class (returning
false) and in RecentMessageSet (returning true).

Stef