[squeak-dev] Unable to change font style or emphasis from halo in scrolled text

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Aug 8 09:55:11 UTC 2022

The halo box seems correct. Just the halo buttons at the bottom edge are off, including the label. Hmm...

The expected behavior is that the box and buttons cover the entire (hidden) area. Not just the visible portion. That's why removing "renderedMorph" is not the correct fix here.

Best,
Marcel
Am 08.08.2022 11:32:30 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
Hi Stef --

> After investigation, the problem seems to come from the #renderedMorph
> in HaloMorph>>#step
> Commenting it out fixes the bug. Any side-effect?

Yes, #renderedMorph is part of making TransformMorph transparent for the user. Not sure why the bounds are incorrect. I will take a look at it.

Best,
Marcel
Am 08.08.2022 00:47:08 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:
> In 6.0, if you type a long text in a workspace, then select a word at
> the bottom and attempt to set it in bold emphasis, you will see that the
> halo to do so is not accessible anymore.
>
> To be precise:
>
> once the cursor is on the selected text
> - the first alt-click brings the Workspace halo
> - the second one yield the PluggableTextMorphPlus halo
> - the third one yield the TextMorphForEditView halo
>
> It is the later halo that is scrolled with the text display, making it
> out of sight if we scroll too much.

After investigation, the problem seems to come from the #renderedMorph
in HaloMorph>>#step

Commenting it out fixes the bug. Any side-effect?

Stef