[squeak-dev] WebClient version tracking

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Aug 16 19:17:25 UTC 2022

After an email on the Seaside list from Johan, I had reason to look at the WebClient page on http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com where I discovered what looks like a fairly separate development path of the WebClient code.

I downloaded the latest WebClient-Core mcz to compare with what is in trunk and

for 5.3 there is a single method that differs (WebUtils class>>#jsonNumberFrom:)
for 6.0 there is quite a long list, though many are simply correcting block argument decls to have the '|' in place.

I don't know if anyone is tracking this and maybe it doesn't even matter since Pharos seems to use 'Zinc' instead of WebClient.

tim
Oscar Wilde: “Only the shallow truly know themselves.”