[squeak-dev] Sq6.0 FieldNode>>#assignmentCheck:at: sends unimplemented message

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 18:20:54 UTC 2022

Hi Tim,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:07 PM tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> FieldNode>>#assignmentCheck:at: sends #assignDefaultSetter, which is not
> implemented. Maybe that is important?

This is Tweak support.  The method is in package Tweak-Core-Proto:

CFieldDefinition methods for private
assignDefaultSetter
   "Private. Assign a default setter for the field. This is needed by the
compiler for being able to compile 'forward references' of fields."
   toSet := (self name,':') asSymbol.

I suppose this info could usefully be added to
FieldNode>>#assignmentCheck:at:'s comment.

tim
> --
> "How many Motie Warriors does it take to change a lightbulb?”
> "None. One of the dead ones will do it."

best, Eliot