[squeak-dev] Implicit high-dpi mode (was: The Inbox: MorphicExtras-ct.323.mcz)

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Aug 25 08:48:42 UTC 2022

Afaik, Microsoft Windows (Win32) has such an application-transparent scaling option (override high-dpi scaling - System (enhanced)): https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdeveloper/2017/05/19/improving-high-dpi-experience-gdi-based-desktop-apps/#:~:text=How%20does%20GDI,on%20their%20own. So in theory, it should be possible, shouldn't it? But I understand the efficiency challenges in this. We are very fortunate to have a straightforward API for high-dpi apps at all!

Best,

Christoph