[squeak-dev] Some notes about porting muO to 6.0

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Aug 25 10:51:08 UTC 2022

Hi Stef --

> 5)- beAllFont:

Did the commentary in #font: help you understand the relationship between fonts, text attributes, and text style? The most basic usage is to set a #textStyle: and then use #contents: maybe just with a string, not text. If it is a text, text attributes will override the defaults coming from the current text style. #font: is expected to work very similar to what #beAllFont: did. Hmm....

> The scale factor was by default initialized to 0.75 which made
> everything tiny; in 5.3 it was 1.0.

Hmm... What's the platform you are working on? This should never happen in 6.0. 75% is a special case that must be selected by the user. It is never used automatically...

Best,
Marcel