[squeak-dev] The Trunk: MorphicExtras-ct.330.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Aug 25 18:02:29 UTC 2022

I remember having 'fun' with getting the midi stuff to work on a Pi for Scratch. I think there can be some fairly annoying delays between requesting a note and actually hearing it; maybe that has improved as the Pi has got faster?

There were also issues I noted about the index of the instrument not matching the plugin/library (off by one problems I think) and the timidity system. Then again, the only planet where all the unix systems do sound properly is Mars, so we shouldn't be too surprised.

> On 2022-08-25, at 7:35 AM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> Fun fact: If you use MIDI instead of built-in sounds, there is even a drum (even though it is not listed in the piano roll). :-)
>
> Best,
> Christoph

tim
Strange OpCodes: JTC: Jump To Conclusions