[squeak-dev] OSProcess Question

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:27:47 UTC 2022

I am a little out of my depth here so please bear with me! Answers inline:

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 10:55 AM Tom Beckmann <tomjonabc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some things you could try:
>
> * What's the return code in the inspector?

The exitStatus is 32512

> * Does it work if you run the lsp from a terminal?

It works in my terminal if I just execute `typescript-language-server` or
`/opt/homebrew/bin/typescript-language-server`. However, this is just a
javascript file that the shell executes in a node environment using
`#!/usr/bin/env node` at the top.

> * Does e.g. /bin/ls work?

The exitStatus is 0, so I think so. However, when I try to inspect
initialStdOut, it doesn't appear to contain any data anywhere.

> * If you start squeak from a terminal, is something printed to its
> stdout/stderr?

In the case of /bin/ls, yes, it outputs the result to the terminal if I run
Squeak from a terminal (on this Mac I don't usually do so).

Thanks!

--
Eric