[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-jr.1174.mcz

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:08:24 UTC 2022

Oops. Do not try to have two Monticello save dialogs open at the same
time... I had two open, one for Tools and one for Protocols. When saving
the Tools, nothing happened at first. Maybe it was not the window that I
opened most recently. Anyway, I saved Tools a "second" time, so that it
would actually create a new version. That is the first Tools-jr.1174 in
this thread. When I accepted the save dialog for Protocols, it not only
saved a new version of Protocols, but it also saved Tools again! That is
the second Tools-jr.1174 in this thread. Maybe it made good
for the occurrence where nothing happened in the first attempt.

Now I have a "false ancestor" display for the Tools-jr.1174 version in
Inbox and that one has the previous instance of Tools-jr.1174 in its
history. Meh.

Should I copy the "original" Tools-jr.1174 to the Inbox to fix the state in
the Inbox or do you think it would make things worse?

Beware of modal dialogs... especially if they do not behave like modal
dialogs and do not block the rest of the screen.