[squeak-dev] Building with a strict(er) C99 compiler

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Dec 3 21:29:12 UTC 2022

Hi Florian,

I should add one more note in case you are interested in updating
your sources.

There is a much newer source tarball for the traditional Squeak VM here:

  files.squeak.org/debian/tarball/Squeak-4.19.9-3814-src.tar.gz.

This the tarball that we provided for the proposed Debian package
update, and it would probably be the most suitable replacement
for the outdated Squeak-4.10.2.2614-src-no-mp3 from
<http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/>.

Again to be clear, this is the VM for old Squeak images and the
effort to update the Debian package to add the opensmalltalk-vm
to the Debian package has not been completed.

Dave