[squeak-dev] Controlling a headless server Squeak through VNC

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sun Dec 4 09:42:00 UTC 2022

Hi,

for all my RasPis nowadays I'm tunnelling TigerVNV through Putty.
TigerVNC is the successor of TightVNC, but both can be found via the
'add software'. RealVNC was said to eat too many resources (Raspi A+, 2013)

Somewhere I once read that RFB only supports 8 character passwords which
I didn't find safe enough for a public Linux server. But I always only
connect to one of the RasPis at a time so I can always use the same port.

Back when running a public AidaWeb server I used the Squeak RFBserver
also tunnelled through Putty. But that had enough power.

The same setup works on my Linux and on my Windows laptop.

Cheers,

Herbert