[squeak-dev] Controlling a headless server Squeak through VNC

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Dec 4 18:40:12 UTC 2022

> On 2022-12-04, at 7:26 AM, <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot, everyone, for documenting this method on the list! I really wish I would have known that earlier - for my TelegramBot, I always used to ssh -X to my raspi and then kill and restart the image. RFBServer sounds so much more convenient!
>
> Maybe we should also put this into a Swiki.

See (and update!) http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/834

The version Tobias mentioned is pretty old and has a lot of changes from the current version in the squeaksource repository. It would need somebody that has some recollection of what was done to tease out which items might be suitable improvements today. It's probably a good idea to feed everything back into the standalone package on squeaksource and SM too.

tim
Useful random insult:- IQ = dx / (1 + dx), where x = age.