[squeak-dev] Confusion! Test failure on test run; Test success on test debug.

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Fri Dec 23 07:24:07 UTC 2022

I have a test method ASN1Test>>#testNull testing ASN1NullType. Many of
the other tests pass in both run and debug, but this one works in debug
but fails in run. I do have other errors and 1 other failure, for
different reasons. I am investigating them. But I am very confused why
this would be the case for ASN1NullType.

thanks!
- rabbit

First the changes I have been making to achieve Substitution
Serialization using ASN1

    #BROKEN Lots of changes. Primary changes plus other refactoring:

    1 - Introduced ASN1Tag class and supporting classTagging
    2 - Using ELinda in the ASN1Module as the Type registry
    3 - Expounded on v3.8 protocol messages to support Brokers and
    Bridges for network fault-tolerance and DDOS resilient
    communications. (why I ditched the working version of remote, I guess)
    4 - Created EVatLinda and EVatSubspace, without a Subspace mutex,
    which rely on the Vat to remove contention. Single-threaded! I
    subclassed ELinda & ESubspace from these, which includes the
    Subspace mutex.

    - rabbit

To load ESqueak.alpha, if you wish to help me figure this out, please
doIt to:

    Installer ss project: 'Cryptography'; install: 'ESqueak.alpha'.

Total run results in the Test Runner

ASN1NullType test debug success

ASN1NullType test run failure

--
𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙋𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙤𝙧
  𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧, 𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨!