[squeak-dev] Constantly growing Image file

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Dec 24 00:25:58 UTC 2022

It strongly suggests that somewhere in your development time you didn't close a morph correctly.

Try selecting the PluggableSystemWindow (3168378) and inspecting it. Assuming that works, see if 'self delete' in the text view at the bottom of the inspector works. It *should* close the system window and after a garbage collect or two everything ought to be cleaned out.

> On 2022-12-23, at 1:14 PM, Christopher Becker <cb627hf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your suggestion!
>
> I am selecting random pointers to chase and getting this in almost all of the results:
>
> globals: Environment
> declarations: IdentityDictionary
> #ActiveWorld -> PasteUpMorph
> submorphs: Array
> 6: PluggableSystemWindow (3168378)
> submorphs: Array
> 3: PluggableTreeMorph (1993854)
> scroller: TransformMorph (3408406)
> submorphs: Array
> 3: IndentingListItemMorph (2996756)
> complexContents: PointerExplorerWrapper
> item: Association
> value: Array
>
> ... and the last entry in the list is an object that is a subclass of the HWEntity class, like:
>
> 22392: HWGround.
>
> Does this mean that my objects are being held onto by user interface objects? My UI elements are no longer being displayed so I don't know how this can be the case.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Chris

tim
Useful random insult:- S  p  a  c  e  d   o  u  t .