[squeak-dev] trunk update stream appears to have become inaccessible

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Dec 27 00:30:52 UTC 2022

I can't do a trunk update of any of my squeak 6 images right now. This is the case for several 6.0 release images on several platforms and a freshly downloaded 6.1alpha system.

The problem is that the securesocketstream>receiveData method gets a connection closed response. This isn't new and 'm sure I should remember more about it but... in fact the only notes I have that relate to the problem date back to '04 and I certainly don't remember any details.

The especially annoying thing is that using https://source.squeak.org/trunk/ in a web browser works fine, so it probably isn't that the server is dead. Is this another stupid SSL issue?

tim
Useful random insult:- Paralyzed from the neck up.