[squeak-dev] trunk update stream appears to have become inaccessible

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Dec 27 21:23:40 UTC 2022

Hi Chris,

sorry for the misunderstanding! Some use case I was thinking of would be this: Somewhere in the mailing list archive, I find a reference to a very old Monticello version that I need to check out in order to understand why something was built or changed. Usually, I would open a repository browser on Trunk and scroll down until I find that really old version, just because it is more intuitive than using the API via efficient #versionNamed:. Will this still be possible through the UI with your intended change, regardless of the number of versions in the package?

Apart from that, I can imagine that such a limitation would worsen the explorability of the database, but given that this is just meant to be a workaround and we have an urgent situation (of course, CI bundles and smalltalkCI for Trunk are broken as well) I don't think that this should be a real issue. In the long term, maybe add a small notice to the UI to indicate that the list is truncated.

Best,

Christoph