[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-ct.1128.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Feb 8 19:31:03 UTC 2022

Christoph Thiede uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-ct.1128.mcz

Name: Tools-ct.1128
Author: ct
Time: 8 February 2022, 8:30:45.535569 pm
UUID: a6635938-0fec-634f-a57c-00bf2dbb814f
Ancestors: Tools-mt.1127

Clarifies functionality of the #extraDebuggerButtons preference. The previous description wrongly stated that this pref would only work in combination with the #optionalButtons preference, which is not the case anymore. Also, the preference is no longer limited to Morphic.

For documentational purposes, here is the OLD description of the preference:

> if true, when the optionalButtons preference is on, debugger windows in Morphic will show *two* rows of buttons -- the debugger-specific row (proceed, restart, etc.) and also the conventional code-tools row.

=============== Diff against Tools-mt.1127 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Debugger>>wantsOptionalButtons (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
  wantsOptionalButtons
+ 	"The debugger benefits so majorly from the optional buttons that there is an extra preference for it."
- 	"The debugger benefits so majorly from the optional buttons that we put them up regardless of the global setting.  Some traditionalists will want to change this method manually!!"

  	^ Preferences extraDebuggerButtons!

Item was changed:
+ (PackageInfo named: 'Tools') postscript: 'ToolIcons icons removeKey: #font ifAbsent: [].
+
+ "Update description of the preference #extraDebuggerButtons (Tools-ct.1128)"
+ (Preferences preferenceAt: #extraDebuggerButtons) instVarNamed: ''helpString'' put: ''If true, debugger windows will show *two* rows of buttons -- the debugger-specific row (proceed, restart, etc.) and also the conventional code-tools row. This preference overrides the "Optional buttons" preference for debuggers.''.'!
- (PackageInfo named: 'Tools') postscript: 'ToolIcons icons removeKey: #font ifAbsent: [].'!