[squeak-dev] FileStreams Limit

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Feb 19 18:56:41 UTC 2022

> On 2022-02-18, at 9:00 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> PS -- Incidentally, the number of simultaneously-open FileStreams is not the only constrained resource.

And as we discussed on this list not so long ago, sockets are another important and constrained resource. I imagine  many host platform UI elements would also be on the list. And of course, memory is constrained, though to us old farts it seems like a near infinite thing these days.

But perhaps the most important resource that is limited is *our time*.

tim
The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run.