[squeak-dev] bad MessageTrace regression (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1652.mcz)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 28 19:51:42 UTC 2022

> I want to add a new requirement: a single modifier key causes the new query to be opened in a new window, not added to the trace.  I like MessageTrace, but at a certain level of nesting I want to *not* pollute the results I already have by adding to the trace.  This frustration happens a lot.

I'd like to make a UI suggestion that would ameliorate quite a few cases of this need - use a PluggableTreeMorph (as we do in the Explorer-inspector) to show the tree of messages. It would allow a bit more control over what you see at any point, without removing messages  with the cmd-D etc as now.

Come on Christoph, you know you want to...

tim
Oscar Wilde: “Only the shallow know themselves.”