[squeak-dev] The Inbox: SUnitTools-jr.5.mcz

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 17:24:35 UTC 2022

Since there are so many different combinations you can probably make this
arbitrarily complex. Then 7/8 of the feature are the guessing of the
category.  The question is whether it is worth it.

You could search all registered packages that start with the same stem for
subclasses of TestCase. That may introduce some unwanted dependency between
trunk packages, so you may want to stick to categories rather than packages
instead. You may program for the known patterns, so add your *Tests-*
pattern to the list. Which one comes next? If there is no existing test
category with the stem, which of the conventions do you choose?

Per KISS I would stick to just one convention, which can also be the one
you mentioned rather than the one I implemented. Changing the category of
the class afterwards should be easy enough.

<christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> schrieb am Mo., 10. Jan.
2022, 18:02: