[squeak-dev] Cleaning up package deps - some questions

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jan 10 20:48:18 UTC 2022

Hi all! Just a few quick questions while trying to fix the PackageDependencyTest again ...

1.) Is it okay to move Collection>>#do:displayingProgress:every: into an extension category of the package *toolbuilder-kernel, just like we're doing for String>>#displayProgressFrom:to:during: already?
2.) Can I move String >> #asTime[Stamp] into an extension category for the package *Chronology-Core?
3.) I cannot make any sense of WideString class>>#fromISO2022JPString:. What is this for and do we really need it - it has zero senders?
4.) Compiler now depends on Tools because the Decompiler uses DebuggerMethodMap. I suggest moving DebuggerMethodMap into Compiler-Kernel, wdyt?
5.) ToolBuilder-Kernel now depends on Graphics for accessing TextStyle defaultFont in PluggableSpacerSpec>>#extent - shall I allow this dependency in the package dependency test?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Christoph

---