[squeak-dev] bad MessageTrace regression (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1652.mcz)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 05:42:32 UTC 2022

Hi Christoph,

please make sure to honor the SystemWindow reuseWindows preference when
> revising this behavior. :-)

I also noticed what appeared to be a slight regression with this when the
MessageTrace was spawned by the (I)nheritance function, and then again from
the same method in the just-spawned MessageTrace.  It spawns another,
duplicate, MessageTrace.  After that, however, no more are spawned by doing
the same behavior.  Very strange!

I traced the cause to this line of code (see attached fileout).  Marcel
made this logic change when he also introduced the "context" and
"requestor" complexities into the method.  The compact comment there says,
"Search for the requesting window to ignore it later.".

After fixing the squeak source server, revisions is working again and I
found the good comment Marcel made about the change (even though I disagree
with it).
________
Name: Morphic-mt.1761