[squeak-dev] bad MessageTrace regression (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1652.mcz)

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Jan 14 09:53:45 UTC 2022

Okay, here is something constructive. :-)

You can invoke senders/implementors in MessageTrace as follows:

(m1) Menu in message list, which considers the current message (selector)
(m2) Keyboard shortcut in message list, which considers the current message (selector)
(c1) Menu in code pade, which considers the current text selection
(c2) Keyboard shortcut in code pane, which considers the current text selection
(b) Click on the senders/implementors button between code pane and message list, which considers the current message (selector) but lets the user choose from a list of all other selectors in that message/method

Currently, (m1) and (m2) modify the trace while (c1) and (c2) and (b) open an new window. What should change?

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: Before my recent change, (m1), (m2), (c1), and (c2) modified the trace while only (b) opened a new window. Then Chris called that a regression. ;-)
Am 14.01.2022 10:25:01 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
Huh? You guys are really entertaining me right now ... What exactly do you want here?

Chris wrote:
>  When selecting a message in the code pane and browsing senders, **it must always spawn a new MessageTrace** instead of mangling the to the list at the top.

So, I select a piece of text in the code pane and then hit CMD+N (being focused in the code pane)? Or that "senders" button? Or what?

Seriously ... This is not funny! Please try to be more clear. Provide screenshots.

Best,
Marcel