[squeak-dev] bad MessageTrace regression (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1652.mcz)

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Jan 14 19:27:18 UTC 2022

> *An exception could be if the selected selector is the selector of the current method. Then it could make sense to add to the trace instead. But I would not insist on that special case.

-1 for the extra complexity in the UI. :-)

> That the buttons behave differently than the menu items in the code editor is actually inconsistent, but knowing that, I have become accustomed to using them if I do want a new window. I would not be too
concerned if that would change though (then they should behave like the actions in the code editor).

I have accustomed too, and I think we should always provide this "last resort" for opening a new window. It's pretty straightforward for me: Use your mouse if you want a new window, or use the keyboard if you want to stay in the existing window. On the other hand, in this model, we would probably also need to revise the behavior of the menu items. :-)

Best,
Christoph