[squeak-dev] bad MessageTrace regression (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1652.mcz)

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Sat Jan 22 08:43:21 UTC 2022

Hi Chris --

> Selecting implementors from the menu in the upper pane (and then a selector from the subsequent presented menu)

Ah! Thanks. The button bar and the upper pane's menu share the same behavior. I did not notice that. Sure. That was the last inconsistency Jakob was talking about. We can fix that.

Best,
Marcel
Am 22.01.2022 03:37:44 schrieb Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com>:
> [...] selecting "implementors" from the menu in the code pane, isn't adding to the lower pane [...]

Let me try to understand this by replacing "lower pane" with "upper pane" bc. that is where you can add something.

Sorry, I meant the upper pane, not the code pane.  Selecting implementors from the menu in the upper pane (and then a selector from the subsequent presented menu), should add the implemented message(s) to the upper pane, indented below the current selection, just as if it was selected in the lower pane.

Doing that same thing except selecting "senders" from that same menu, is also just as if it was selected in the lower pane -- opens a new window.

I make a text selection in the code pane, then open the menu, then click "More...", then click "implementors of it". This successfully adds stuff to the "upper pane" / "message list".

Yes, the code / lower pane is working perfectly.  Thanks!

Best,
  Chris