[squeak-dev] Review Request: genericDropSourceCode.cs & complements

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 05:00:08 UTC 2022

Hi Christoph,

Is this already in trunk?  To save Maui, I would've requested waiting
for the next release, but it looks like I'm already too late.

Maui users have been dragging classes and methods out to the desktop
since 2005 in order to actually *interact with objects*, not open random
browsers for developers.  It relies on the old way of providing the world a
"transferMorphConverter" to implement this, which I can see is still there,
but it's not working anymore.

I think it's important that this remains completely generic and overridable
to be able to do *anything*.  I haven't had time to review it in depth yet,
but a quick scan looks like it's coded to expect various IDE "Tools" and
"sourceCode", which is a totally different planet than the one Maui wants
to be on.  Would someone please help me get this working again?

Thanks,
  Chris