[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ShoutCore-mt.94.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Jul 3 09:58:31 UTC 2022

Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of ShoutCore to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ShoutCore-mt.94.mcz

Name: ShoutCore-mt.94
Author: mt
Time: 3 July 2022, 11:58:30.475581 am
UUID: 6cf4d5f1-6ce3-1049-b8cd-08002edc3025
Ancestors: ShoutCore-mt.93

Adds preference to enforce italic typeset in comments. Enabled by default.

See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2022-May/220517.html

=============== Diff against ShoutCore-mt.93 ===============

Item was changed:
  SHTextStyler subclass: #SHTextStylerST80
  	instanceVariableNames: 'classOrMetaClass workspace font parser formatAssignments environment sourceMap processedSourceMap pixelHeight attributesByPixelHeight parseAMethod context'
+ 	classVariableNames: 'EnforceItalicEmphasisInComments SyntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeAnsiAssignment SyntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeLeftArrowAssignment TextAttributesByPixelHeight'
- 	classVariableNames: 'SyntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeAnsiAssignment SyntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeLeftArrowAssignment TextAttributesByPixelHeight'
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'ShoutCore-Styling'!

  !SHTextStylerST80 commentStamp: 'tween 8/27/2004 10:55' prior: 0!
  I style Smalltalk methods and expressions.

  My 'styleTable' class instance var holds an array ofArrays which control how each token is styled/coloured. See my defaultStyleTable class method for its structure.
  My styleTable can be changed by either modifying the defaultStyleTable class method and then executing SHTextStylerST80 initialize ; or by giving me a new styleTable through my #styleTable: class method.

  My 'textAttributesByPixelSize' class instance var contains a dictionary of dictionaries.
  	The key is a pixelSize and the value a Dictionary from token type Symbol to TextAttribute array.
  	It is created/maintained automatically.

  I also install these 3 preferences when my class initialize method is executed....
  	#syntaxHighlightingAsYouType  - controls whether methods are styled in browsers
  	#syntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeAnsiAssignment - controls whether assignments are formatted to be :=
  	#syntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeLeftArrowAssignment - controls whether assignments are formatted to be _

  I reimplement #unstyledTextFrom: so that TextActions are preserved in the unstyled text

  !

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SHTextStylerST80 class>>enforceItalicEmphasisInComments (in category 'preferences') -----
+ enforceItalicEmphasisInComments
+ 	<preference: 'Enforce Italic in Comments'
+ 		categoryList: #(browsing Accessibility)
+ 		description: 'When enabled, always typeset source-code comments in italic, regardless of the current UI theme. When disabled, depend on what the current UI theme prescribes as text attributes for such comments.'
+ 		type: #Boolean>
+
+ 	^ EnforceItalicEmphasisInComments ifNil: [true]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SHTextStylerST80 class>>enforceItalicEmphasisInComments: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ enforceItalicEmphasisInComments: aBooleanOrNil
+
+ 	EnforceItalicEmphasisInComments = aBooleanOrNil ifTrue: [^ self].
+ 	EnforceItalicEmphasisInComments := aBooleanOrNil.
+
+ 	self userInterfaceTheme apply. "Invalidate all styling caches."
+ 	!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SHTextStylerST80>>createTextAttributesForPixelHeight: (in category 'style table') -----
  createTextAttributesForPixelHeight: aNumber

  	| result |
  	result := IdentityDictionary new.
  	result at: #default put: {}. "Required as fall-back for non-existing attributes."

  	self class themeProperties do: [:each |
  		| spec element emphasis font color |
  		element := each first.
  		spec := self userInterfaceTheme perform: element.
  		spec isArray ifFalse: [spec := {spec}]. "Support color-only hints."

  		color := spec first ifNotNil: [:colorSpec | Color colorFrom: colorSpec].
  		emphasis := spec at: 2 ifAbsent:[nil].
  		font := spec at: 3 ifAbsent: [nil].

+ 		(element == #comment and: [self class enforceItalicEmphasisInComments])
+ 			ifTrue: [
+ 				emphasis
+ 					ifNil: [emphasis := TextEmphasis italic]
+ 					ifNotNil: [
+ 						emphasis isArray
+ 							ifFalse: [emphasis := {emphasis}, {TextEmphasis italic}]
+ 							ifTrue: [emphasis := emphasis, {TextEmphasis italic}].
+ 				emphasis := emphasis asSet asArray "no double italic"]].
+
  		"Support for named text styles."
  		font isString ifTrue: [
  			| textStyle |
  			textStyle := TextStyle named: font.
  			font := textStyle ifNotNil: [textStyle fontOfSize: aNumber]].

  		(self createAttributeArrayForColor: color emphasis: emphasis font: font)
  			ifNotEmpty: [:attrArray | result at: element put: attrArray]].
+ 	^ result!
- 	^ result
- 	!