[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] Squeak 6 on Mac

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Jul 5 19:16:27 UTC 2022

Hi Eliot --

If I download the AIO, the same process works fine for me. I will ask a student to test on macOS 12.

Best,
Marcel
Am 05.07.2022 21:13:40 schrieb Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:
Hi Marcel,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 12:09 PM Marcel Taeumel
wrote:

> Hi Eliot --
>
> I cannot reproduce that issue on macOS 11.6.5.
>
> 1. Download Squeak 6.0 as .dmg container.

I should have said, I'm using the all-in-one, on macOS 12.4

> 2. Move contents (.app), for example, onto desktop.
> 3. Drop an arbitrary .image onto that .app.
> 4. That .image will be opened.
>
> Well, your "Note" looks like you are trying to run that .app from some
> temporary folder? How did you achieve that?

That's macOS magic, not me :-) That's why I raised the issue. It looks
like the app is being launched in a sandbox, which isn't at all what we
want. Anyone have any idea why, or how to change this?

--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Hi Marcel,

I cannot reproduce that issue on macOS 11.6.5.

1. Download Squeak 6.0 as .dmg container.

I should have said, I'm using the all-in-one, on macOS 12.4
2. Move contents (.app), for example, onto desktop.
3. Drop an arbitrary .image onto that .app.
4. That .image will be opened.

Well, your "Note" looks like you are trying to run that .app from some temporary folder? How did you achieve that?

That's macOS magic, not me :-)  That's why I raised the issue. It looks like the app is being launched in a sandbox, which isn't at all what we want.  Anyone have any idea why, or how to change this?

Best,
Marcel

    apologies for raining on the parade. Here's what I get when I either launch the Squeak6 app bundle or drop an image on it.  How can this be fixed?  It's not a good default.

[image.png]

best, Eliot

--

best, Eliot