[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] Squeak 6 on Mac
marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Jul 5 19:23:15 UTC 2022
Hi Eliot --
I have never heard of this issue. Maybe try to put the new .sources file besides your .image file. I will investigate tomorrow.
I would assume that this workflow would also break using the 5.3 download from files.squeak.org/5.3?
Am 05.07.2022 21:20:46 schrieb Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:
On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 12:13 PM Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de [mailto:Das.Linux at gmx.de]> wrote:
Hi Eliot, all
> On 5. Jul 2022, at 21:08, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de [mailto:marcel.taeumel at hpi.de]> wrote:
> Hi Eliot --
> I cannot reproduce that issue on macOS 11.6.5.
> 1. Download Squeak 6.0 as .dmg container.
> 2. Move contents (.app), for example, onto desktop.
> 3. Drop an arbitrary .image onto that .app.
> 4. That .image will be opened.
> Well, your "Note" looks like you are trying to run that .app from some temporary folder? How did you achieve that?
The keyword "AppTranslocation" hints that the bundle was started from the Download location or the DMG.
1. I downloaded the all-in-one.
2. macos (12.4) unzipped the all-in-one bundle into a ~/Downloads/Squeak6 directory, containing the fat binary mac app bundle containing the other VMs and the Mac VM in ~/Squeak/Squeak6/Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app/Contents/ [http://Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app/Contents/]
3. I moved this to my Squeak directory, giving me ~/Squeak/Squeak6/Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app [http://Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app] et al
4. I copied the image and changes file into a ~/Squeak/Squeak6.0 directory as trunk6-64.image/changes
5. I dropped the image on the ~/Squeak/Squeak6/Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app [http://Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app] bundle and got the translocation
6. I opened the app using the command line from ~/Squeak/Squeak6.0:
open trunk6-64.image -a ~/Squeak/Squeak6/Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app [http://Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app] --stdout=`tty` --stderr=`tty`
and got the translocation
7. I ran the VM binary from the command line:
../Squeak6/Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak [http://Squeak6.0-22101-64bit-All-in-One.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak] trunk6-64.image
and got the warning about no sources in ../Squeak6
Please throw away the app or DMG, download again and MOVE the app somewhere else, and then start.
This precludes translocation.
I'm not using the DMG. I downloaded the all-in-one, and moved it.
(this is unavoidable.)
Have you got a pointer to the relevant documentation? Do I have to duplicate the Squeak6 directory?
>> Am 05.07.2022 21:03:47 schrieb Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com [mailto:eliot.miranda at gmail.com]>:
>> Hi all,
>> apologies for raining on the parade. Here's what I get when I either launch the Squeak6 app bundle or drop an image on it. How can this be fixed? It's not a good default.
>> best, Eliot
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Squeak-dev