[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] Squeak 6 on Mac

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:29:10 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 2:11 AM Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:

> Hi Eliot --
>
> > 2. macos (12.4) unzipped the all-in-one bundle into a
> ~/Downloads/Squeak6 directory [...]
>
> That's the issue. You must unzip it into a path other than ~/Downloads/...

But when one uses Safari to download the all-in-one from
www.squeak.org/downloads, Safari unzips for you and moves the zip to
trash.  So if we want our Mac users not to fall into the same trap as I,
then the website needs clear and visible instructions on and around the
download link.  I did what any Mac user would do, and ended up with
something that does not behave as we want.

--
best, Eliot