[squeak-dev] Dead primitive 103 makes scrolling truetype fonts very, very slow. Let's get rid of it

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Jul 7 12:33:24 UTC 2022

Hi Tony, hi all --

Note that the performance of TrueType text composition was improved with Squeak 6.0. We do not try to use primitive 103 in that case anymore.

Best,
Marcel
Am 17.02.2022 12:44:18 schrieb Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com>:
On 2/17/22 12:33, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Nevermind. The primitive 103 fails for TTCFont (200%) but not for
> StrikeFont (125%). Yet, the only performance issues I noticed where from
> a too small GlyphCacheSize.

Yeah, I'm not seeing a performance difference either now I've reenabled
it. I guess it's still there, but that code path isn't being stressed
anymore, so it's not noticeable.

Cheers,
Tony