[squeak-dev] "Squeak by Example" latest version?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Jul 12 15:59:21 UTC 2022

Hi all --

It's back online:
https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/SqueakByExample-english/releases/download/5.3.1/SBE-5.3.pdf [https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/SqueakByExample-english/releases/download/5.3.1/SBE-5.3.pdf]

Also via https://squeak.org/documentation/ [https://squeak.org/documentation/]

Best,
Marcel (and Patrick)
Am 20.06.2022 02:38:01 schrieb Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 5:13 PM tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org [mailto:tim at rowledge.org]> wrote:

I could have sworn I saw some updates to the classic "Squeak by example" book... but either I'm imagining things or my google-fu has deserted me since I can't find anything. Anyone?

I'd like a good pointer that can be included in the help browser pages.

HPI did an update for version 5.3, see https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6546 [https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6546].  But this has disappeared and been reoplaced by the antiquated 2007 version.  Why did this happen?  Can we please restore the 5.3 version on squeak.org [http://squeak.org] ASAP?

best, Eliot