[squeak-dev] [Sounds] How to turn off reverb

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Jul 20 09:13:52 UTC 2022

Hi Stef --

> We need this back in a form or another. Nowadays, a fresh
> image is just a dark grey background with nothing to show.

Try experimenting with the HelpBrowser. Lets' make it easier
to maintain rich, multimedia content in the form of an active essay
in the image.

Also "Squeak Objectland" is still lurking around the corner.
It's just missing a nice entry point to all the stuff hidden in
"MorphicExtras" and "Etoys" :-) I wish that I had more time to
integrate Christoph's efforts of a custom project with that
stuff for 6.0. :-( ...

Best,
Marcel
Am 20.07.2022 10:31:50 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:
> I know this is a late reply, but I never tire of learning more about the
> sound system in Squeak. Maybe Stéphane could wite some swiki articles on
> that subject. It would be extraordinarily useful to a lot of us
> experimenters.

As all things related to documentation, I would much prefer some live
tutorial or set of examples living in the image.

I never tire of saying that, when I first discovered Squeak about 20
years ago, the image featured "The worlds of Squeak", a set of projects
full of fun, surprising and wonderful demos - and where the sound system
was introduced properly and nicely.

We need this back in a form or another. Nowadays, a fresh image is just
a dark grey background with nothing to show.

Stef