[squeak-dev] headful evaluation of script, supplied on the command line, with Squeak 6

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 03:05:59 UTC 2022

Hi All,

    ok, this is a bit of a disaster.  The invocation is now:

Squeak.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak trunk6-64.image UpdateSqueakTrunkImage.st

Why was it changed?

And the result:

1. the update fails with a merge conflict in the release builder between:
    SystemVersion newVersion: 'Squeak6.0'
and
    SystemVersion newVersion: 'Squeak6.1alpha'

2. a Note that says 'Cannot start a second instance of Squeak
with the image "UpdateSqueakTrunkImage.st"
because the VM is configured as singleton application.' becauser somewhere
something is generating a DropFileEvent for the UpdateSqueakTrunkImage.st
file.  The system shouldn't be both executing the script argument and
generating a drop file event for it.

The effective result is that I can't automate building a VMMaker image as I
was once able to. :-(

--
best, Eliot