[squeak-dev] headful evaluation of script, supplied on the command line, with Squeak 6

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:06:19 UTC 2022

Hi Dave,

>>> ???
>>> Hi Eliot --

>>> If you want to prepare a VMMaker Trunk image, you would use a regular Trunk image, not a release image. I think. So, why aren't you using a recent 6.1alpha image?
>>> -> http://files.squeak.org/6.1alpha/Squeak6.1alpha-22134-64bit/
>>>

>> OK, I???ll try that.  Thanx!!
>>

> This will probably work with the 6.0 release image:
>
> ./Squeak.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak trunk6-64.image UpdateSqueakTrunkImage.st --doit 'Project current addDeferredUIMessage: [PreferenceWizardMorph allInstances do: [:e | e delete]]'
>
> Or maybe just add "PreferenceWizardMorph allInstances do: [:e | e delete]." as the first line of the script.

Given that there seems to be a drop event generated somewhere that may cause the script to be launched again later, is there a way of asking if the script is tuning in the context of DoItFirst?  Then the first line would be

    self isRunningAsDoItFirst ifTrue: [^self].
    “do stuff second time around when the system is headful”

> Dave