[squeak-dev] WeakIdentityDictionary vs WeakSet

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 22:03:59 UTC 2022

Hi Stéphane,

    WeakIdentityDictionary is not the same as WeakKeyIdentityDictionary.
Read the class comments.  WeakIdentityDictionary refers to its
*associations* weakly.  Since there are no references to the associations
in your dictionary they get GC'ed immediately and you see no contents.  I'm
guessing that WeakKeyIdentityDictionary is what you want.

--
best, Eliot