[squeak-dev] Squeak 6 git integration and updating

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 03:16:55 UTC 2022

Hi,

    I'm being told that the only way to keep an in-image version of a
github package is to rebuild from scratch (a cruel joke).  How does one
update?  The github-cache directory doesn't appear ot be a proper git clone
so one can't try and pull into it.  Opening the "repository" from the
Montivello browser shows only one version of the package (and indeed in the
Monticello browser everything is versioned as tonel.1).  Am I
seriously expected to rebuild an image every time I want to pull in a new
commit?

This is sad.
best, Eliot