[squeak-dev] Why does Monticello mess about with the class categories so much?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Jun 2 12:17:22 UTC 2022

> I think that'd be best...

...and would conflict with you being in charge of the category order.
Hmm... a fresh image shows a particular package order. For example, Kernel is at the top.

Bset,
Marcel
Am 02.06.2022 14:15:00 schrieb Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com>:
On 6/2/22 13:56, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> I think this depends on whether you did "alphabetize" all your
> system/class categories or not.

Ah yes, I do this fairly frequently while working, after loading
packages or creating new ones etc.

> I think Monticello preserves the order
> from your image. Maybe we should always sort those categories for chunk
> file-out?

I think that'd be best...

Tony