[squeak-dev] GitHub issues filed for Seaside load warnings in Squeak 6.0 beta

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Fri Jun 10 01:21:19 UTC 2022

Hi Marcel,

I have not been following the discussion re: 60Deprecated.   (I suspect 60Deprecated is a special case because it has been in images for a few releases already now?)

If Squeak 6.0 wants to be released with Seaside loadable in it, then this may be a question of release schedules and resourcing.

Agreed that the future-proof solution here is to make these changes in Seaside-Squeak-Core and Seaside-Squeak-Continuation.  And, to retain backwards compatibility, the proper change is probably to move the ContextPart & BlockContext extension methods to new packages: Seaside-Squeak5-Core and Seaside-Squeak5-Continuation.  Then, edit the BaselineOfSeaside3 spec to include those packages on squeak4.x and squeak5.x.

I started working on a commit with these changes. Unfortunately, when I tried to commit these to my FileTree repo containing my local fork, Monticello was telling me that WAPharoEncoder methods had been removed.  No idea why.  I need to try again with a fresh fork and a fresh image.

I also tried using Git Browser for the above.   But unfortunately, Git Browser seems bitten by the 60Deprecation also ( #ifNotNilDo: ), and does not work very well in 6.0beta.  Will Git Browser be updated for this deprecated-method-removal before release?

Thanks,
Tim J