[squeak-dev] beta 21760 AllocationTest results on x64 Mac

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Jun 10 18:28:13 UTC 2022

Hi,

I would vote not only to declare #testOneGigAllocation as an expected failure but to comment it out (better: give the selector a different prefix) for now. In many cases, #testOneGigAllocation fails for me, but not without hanging the VM for a few minutes because my entire laptop is out of RAM and starts swapping out things from several processes. In other cases, the test works.

By the way, I noticed that the test consumes significantly more memory than it should:

[cid:55c93bc5-1058-4ec6-94da-97fa425ee716]

(alt: Screenshot of the Windows task manager. During the test execution, RAM consumption rises from 45% to 95%. The device has 15.8 GB of RAM in total.)

Best,

Christoph