[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-kfr.1012.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jun 20 09:39:33 UTC 2022

Hi Karl --

Take a look at the following places to better understand, why we must not use #addDeferredUIMessage: in #actOnClickFor:

TextMorph >> #mouseDown:
TextEditor >> #mouseDown:
NewParagraph >> #clickAt:for:controller:

The expected control flow in the #mouseDown: handler is synchronous. Hmm... I recall a similar issue with #mouseDown: vs. #mouseUp: when implementing other buttons.

Usually, the reaction should be in #mouseUp:. In TextAction, the effective reaction is currently in the #mouseDown: handler of TextMorph even if TextEditor waits for this MVC-style mouse-up event in a loop. Hmm...

Best,
Marcel