[squeak-dev] Sending html emails with MailMessage; line length issues

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Jun 22 08:33:50 UTC 2022

Hi Tim --

Maybe more SMTP servers are happy with a base64-encoded body instead? I don't think we can fix that issue in Squeak itself?

Best,
Marcel
Am 22.06.2022 02:18:30 schrieb tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>:
Your report, requested at 2022-06-10T16:48:19.783908-07:00
<>
d>2022-01-24

Note the break at the end where a
AggregateDataRecordDate AggregateDataRecordStatusNormal
2022-02-14 340
2022-02-22 306
2022-02-02 374
2022-01-23 136
2022-02-06 340
2022-01-01 170
2022-02-28 306
2022-02-23 306
136
tag is split by a CR and a space.

The non-broken mail
a) doesn't break within a tag
b) has 4k long lines instead of 998 char lines.

Pointers to explanations, advice, solutions, all most welcome!

tim
All computers run at the same speed...with the power off.