[squeak-dev] How best to import a new truetype font (.ttf file)? (was Re: Dead primitive 103 makes scrolling truetype fonts very, very slow. Let's get rid of it)

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Mar 1 16:57:10 UTC 2022

Hi Tony --

The changes are live. :-) Here is how you can install a font:

TTCFont class >> #installFromFileNames:
TTCFont class >> #uninstallFontNames:

There is commentary in both methods. Let me know if this helps. Maybe also take a look at the class side of TTFontFileHandle.

Best,
Marcel
Am 17.02.2022 12:26:35 schrieb Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com>:
On 2/17/22 12:20, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Please give me 1 more day. I am almost finished refactoring
> TTFontReader. :-)

Will do!

This isn't urgent - I have a solution that's working well enough for now.

> Currently, use the FontImporterTool. Or use this interface to try out a
> font without installing it into Squeak:

I need to script it, so the FontImporterTool is out. And I need to load
it into the image.

For now, I'm happy to wait for the finished product :-)

Cheers,
Tony