[squeak-dev] [ANN] TouchScrolling

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Wed Mar 9 07:35:33 UTC 2022

On 3/8/22 19:35, Jakob Reschke wrote:
> If I have observed correctly, the hold-down-pen handling that
> eventually invokes a right click happens outside of the receiving
> process (i. e. outside of Squeak). Therefore the timeout setting in
> Squeak should have no effect on this. Squeak would not even know that
> the pen is down.

Oh, I see. It could perhaps still work if the Squeak timeout were
*shorter* but then it makes scrolling rather difficult! No win
situation. I think your suggestion of being smarter about *available
scroll directions* is a winning idea here, I'm looking forward to having
time to try it out.

Regards,
   Tony