[squeak-dev] Does this reference or include a font in the image? (was Re: How best to import a new truetype font (.ttf file)?)

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Mar 9 13:48:39 UTC 2022

Hi Tony --

Just call TTCFont >> #becomeLocalFont to be sure. :-) Yes, being remote is the default.

Best,
Marcel
Am 09.03.2022 14:39:04 schrieb Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com>:
Hi Marcel,

On 3/1/22 17:57, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> TTCFont class >> #installFromFileNames:
> TTCFont class >> #uninstallFontNames:

Does this install a reference to a font file, or does it load the font
data into the image, making the font file no longer needed?

I need the latter, but it looks like the former might be going on, so I
thought I'd check.

(I'm not stuck, though, because my old procedure of the following still
works OK:

description := TTFontDescription addFromTTFile:
'fonts/from-github/Roboto-Regular.ttf'.
TTCFont newTextStyleFromTT: description first.
TTCFont registerAll.

)

Cheers,
Tony