[squeak-dev] Monticello UI unexpected behavior (was: Monticello model corrupt after network error)

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Sun May 1 19:35:55 UTC 2022

Agreed, there is no real use case where you would want to create such
versions manually. Git prohibits it as well, unless you specify
--allow-empty when committing.

Detecting the situation in Monticello and adding a guard would be easy
I suppose, but I would not make it a priority. The handling makes the
implementation more complicated (how to signal, how to handle, in a
GUI workflow vs. a scripted workflow, ...) and the benefit is minimal,
since one can clearly see by oneself that there are no changes in the
save dialog. :-)

Also note that even if you have changes, you can "ignore" all of them
in the save dialog, so we would also have to check again after the
save dialog was accepted.